{Good Things Will Come}

Recently, I’ve had my patience and faith tested some when I wanted a blessing from Heavenly Father that is a good thing. My desired blessing wasn’t coming in the timetable I thought it should. I wondered why. This time of trial had me praying and thinking more. I learned a few things about trusting that I needed to be reminded of….
1.     God’s will is perfect. He is omniscient. He knows me and what I need and when exactly I need it.
2.     God won’t withhold anything from the faithful. It might take time for the blessing to come, but it will.
3.     God loves us! He wants to answer our prayers. Our petitions and pleadings are always heard.
4.     Even when things take time, we can’t lose hope. We need to build our faith!
To me faith in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ mean that I know they are with me! I don’t need to be afraid. They love me more than anyone else in the world does. They know me better than anyone else also. When things don't happen in the timing or way I would hope for, I know someone else a lot greater will lead me along if I obey. The Savior taught, “Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God.” (Doctrine and Covenants 101:16) Or another promise in Isaiah, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea I will help thee; yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”  The famous Proverbs scripture reminds, us to “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”  Oftentimes Jesus admonished his New Testament followers to“Be of good cheer,” even in grim circumstances.



Let your heart be comforted
Fear Thou Not
Be of Good Cheer
Trust in the Lord


How can we "be of good cheer" in the face of discouragement? Take heart and remember Him! Remember your Savior Jesus Christ who suffered all things for us. He will comfort you. Remember your Heavenly Father who gave His Only Begotten Son. Remember you are His child. Remember He loves you. Remember that the prayers of the faithful, the suffering of the righteous, never goes unheard or unnoticed. Remember Abraham who didn’t really have to sacrifice his son Isaac, but he learned something about himself: that he was absolutely devoted to the Lord. Remember Job who lost everything, all his wealth, health, and family, but because He was faithful these things were restored to him one hundred fold. Remember all the prophets, all the faithful who were tested to their limits but remained true. And by so doing they proved themselves to God. Remember above all Jesus Christ, the creator of worlds who came to earth in the humblest circumstances, always obeyed His Father, always resisted temptation, and suffered all the pains, sins, and sicknesses of all “who belong to the family of Adam.” And then He rose on the third day and immortal God to dwell with Heavenly Father again. There are always challenges to pass through, but we can find strength through them. 
 

Good things will come. 

{CTR Always, ETTE}

No comments